Monday, February 17, 2014

A Snack All to Myself

When you have a two year old, unless you wait until he is asleep, you don't really get to eat anything by yourself. How can I look into those adorable eyes and tell him I won't share? I know, it looks like I'm a softie. He gets told no quite a bit, so don't think I let him get away with everything!

Today my mom and sister came to visit for a minute and to take the Monkey home with them for the night!!!! I was quite happy with this arrangement. :)

I decided to have popcorn without my popcorn buddy. I make my own air-popped popcorn with {some} butter, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. It's pretty much amazing, which is probably why the Monkey likes to have his own bowl. Chap can't stand popcorn, so I never have to share with him! 

Popcorn actually has a decent amount of fiber in it, and I like controlling the toppings. I use maybe 1/2 tablespoon of butter for the whole bowl and a light sprinkle of salt and cheese. Grating the cheese with the tiny side of the grater helps it go farther with less. I definitely load it up with black pepper! I'm not sure why I tried that as a kid, but I remember using pepper on my popcorn in elementary school. Who knew???


Popcorn is my favorite snack for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment