Saturday, February 8, 2014

Free Yoga in Atlanta!

I'd never ventured into a yoga class. Pilates, yes, but not an actual yoga class. The DVDs I had attempted were Fat Burning Yoga and Prenatal Yoga, and those left me a little bored and feeling completely inflexible. Or, as I like to say, unbendy. My sister mentioned a free yoga class on Saturdays just down the road at Lululemon. Well, what's more budget friendly than a free exercise class? 

So my sister picked me up at 8:30, and good thing we got there early because a lot of people must like free yoga. In the car we reminded each other that if it sucked, it was only and hour, plus an hour of low intensity exercise counts for 3 miles on our Tone It Up challenge. We went in with low expectations, sad to say. 

So... Yoga was actually FUN and I enjoyed it. I was able to follow along and found throughout the hour that all my running had my muscles tight, so the slow stretching was exactly what I needed. Go figure. 

The instructor was from a local studio and was excellent, especially considering she was in the middle of a LOT of yoga mats and men/women of varying levels. I'm so thankful I've been doing the tricep push-ups on the TIU workouts because I was able to lower myself gracefully instead of just flopping to the floor!  It's the little things...

I will definitely participate in free yoga again. Maybe one day I'll post a picture of myself with my feet on my head or something... Ha!  Look around to see if you can find a free class to attend!  

Post yoga - I'm absolutely horrible at selfies and always get my thumb in the way!  Aren't we just glowing with inner peace and tranquility???

No comments:

Post a Comment