Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Budget Protein + Surprise Salad Ingredient

I did a Jillian Michaels DVD on Amazon Prime this morning. Since it was my second time doing it, I was definitely more prepared to follow along and (mostly) keep up! My breakfast afterward of oatmeal and trail mix was good, but by lunchtime today I needed some greens and protein! I should probably mention that I'm also a little tired of meat...


I must say, even at $2.99 a dozen (the most we would pay), EGGS are a really affordable source of protein! Each egg contains about 6 grams of protein. I hard boiled 4 eggs for the Monkey and myself to share. That's only $2 for plenty of protein to top a salad!  The Monkey was so excited to eat the "oak" or yolk, in two year old speak! 


As for my surprise salad ingredient, I cut up a GRAPEFRUIT and added it to my salad today! I didn't need any other dressing other than a tiny drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the grapefruit was a nice change from lemon!  I know it's not original to add fruit to salad, but adding the grapefruit was certainly different for me!

I'm still following the Tone It Up workout plan and enjoyed fueling my body for it today! 

My Lunch Salad

A Two Year Old Approved Lunch Plate
(Yes, that is pepper on his eggs. He loves pepper on pretty much everything!)

No comments:

Post a Comment