Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello, 2014!

I can't even imagine how many blogs were created on January 1st.  I'm almost embarrassed that this is one of them!  I wanted a place to document my healthy eating and fitness goals and steps to meet them!  I have been working on these goals for awhile now - they aren't New Year's resolutions.  The new year just coincided with my decision to blog about my life!

A bit about me - I'm a wife to a consulting arborist, stay at home mom to a two year old (best known as the Monkey), and a former teacher.  My husband (Chap, as I call him) owns his own business, so his schedule is super busy but also can be flexible.  We recently moved to a condo in Midtown Atlanta and FINALLY sold a home in Athens.  The months of overlap between buying and selling were tight, but we did it!  Our weekly food budget dropped to $100 a week for our family of three.  It sounds bad, but we manage to eat well - it's become my secret mission to prove that you can eat healthy on a small food budget.  Perhaps my blog can make it not-so-secret.

Fitness-wise, I will admit I'm starting with a decent base of fitness.  I run regularly and was training for a 10K...until I learned it was full by the time I tried to register.  Whoops.  So I can run a decent amount with no race to document it!  I use the Ease into 10K app regularly and even go back to earlier weeks to increase my speed and do shorter running intervals.

Recently (maybe November-ish?) I signed up to receive the Tone It Up girls' email.  I'd tried a couple of the workouts on my own and liked them.  In fact, I did the Saved By the Bell kettlebell workout for a few weeks with awesome results.  I shed a few extra pounds that I didn't necessarily need to, but my muscles really started to develop!

When I saw the Tone It Up Love Your Body series, I was a little curious about it.  I've committed myself to doing the challenge.  You can do ANYTHING for six weeks!  Well, most anything workout related.

So that's me.  I'm working daily on loving my body, loving my family, and just all around loving life!  I hope to share meal planning ideas, recipes, and workout ideas for those with limited time and energy!  Having taught for 8 years, I know what that's like!

Here's to 2014 being awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment